Welcome to the Siksika Nation High School Website
OKI Parents/Guardians of Siksika,
On behalf of the staff at SNHS School, I am happy to welcome you to the 2021-2022 school year! 2020-2021 school year, was a very unique, stressful, challenging year for students, parents and staff at SNHS. I am very happy to express my gratitude and excitement for my new role as SNHS Principal. I am open to suggestions and assistance in developing positive community relationships that will ensure a positive educational experience is achieved for every student that attends SNHS.
We are looking forward to a productive partnership with you to ensure our children can achieve their highest potential. We recognize that in order to be successful in school, our children need support from both the home and school. We know a strong partnership with you will make a great difference in your child’s education. As partners, we share the responsibility for our children’s success and want you to know that we will do our very best to carry out our responsibilities.
We ask that you guide and support your child’s learning by ensuring that he/she:
- Attends school daily and arrives on time, ready for the day’s learning experience
- Completes all homework assignments given by teachers
- Reads daily to develop a love for reading and to improve literacy skills
- Shares school experiences with you so that you are aware of his/her school life
- Informs you if he/she needs additional support in any area or subject
- Knows that you expect him/her to succeed in school and go on to college/university.
If you have any questions about the rules and expectations, please feel free to contact me or to discuss them with your child’s teacher. It is very important that you and your child are fully informed regarding standards related to appropriate behaviour for a safe and productive school year.
The wonderful SNHS staff and I feel privileged to be a part of this school family. We thank you for your support and look forward to meeting you.
Tyrone Sitting Eagle